THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
M&A is Broken!
Traditional financial-centric M&A processes don’t work. On their own, they only provide analysis related to the financial viability of a deal, but financial analysis alone has lead many organizations to fail. More often than not, crucial risks and overwhelming challenges lay hidden behind the financial analysis and they can only be found by industry experts who know where to look. Companies that don’t incorporate independent industry experience early in the deal structure often find their deals to be lackluster transactions, never living up to their potential.
Whether you are a serial acquirer or an sporadic deal maker, M&A is difficult, and traditional methods have proven to be ill-formed to derive success. Increase your chances to achieve the synergies stated in the deal by adding a group of independent industry experts to your deal team and change your M&A game.
At Clarkston Consulting, our M&A advisory services incorporate our deep industry expertise into your pre-deal activities, like the target search, due diligence process, deal negotiation, and TSA . Clarkston’s solutions can help you make sure all critical markers of success and failure are included in your M&A process and ensure you have the highest chance of achieving a successful deal for your shareholders.
- Looking where everyone looks, you will find what everyone finds.
- Industry experts can help your company find hidden gems with newer and innovative lenses that could bring breakthrough deals to the table
- Applying AI to deal search and targeting, helps your organization increase your spectrum of search
- It also allows you to utilize different and innovative search filters to derive new potential targets and also search uncommon platforms to uncover potential risks
- Focused deal teams with independent industry and sub-industry experts bring functional experience to complement financial analysis
- Our strategy consultants bolster your ability to spot risks and critical failure points. Having industry experts in your deal team allows for independent evaluations across functions, ensuring there is enough information on critical items to structure the deal the right way
- Beyond the deal sheet, our experts can help you create a realistic yet pragmatic Transitional Services Agreement (TSA)
- An industry focused analysis ensures you negotiate a fair deal price and helps you avoid unnecessary costs and painful challenges downstream during the integration
Integration Management Office (IMO)
- Building a bridge between the strategy of the deal and the execution of the integration is paramount in ensuring deal targets and expected synergies are achieved. The role of the IMO is to be that bridge ensuring execution and full integration is reached while balancing trade-offs yet still hitting the strategic pillars of the deal.
- The IMO ensures governance across functions and involved parties, manages risks and issues, escalating them to corporate leadership, while driving forward towards deal benefits realization
- The IMO uses the TSA as a guiding post for execution, and provides coordination and support across multiple workstreams
M&A doesn’t have to be a risky endeavor for your organization. De-risk your deal making process by changing the game and bringing a different set of players to your deal team. You can augment your capabilities and increase your likelihood of success by including independent, industry functional experts that can provide real life advisory from the early stages of deal all the way through due diligence, integration, and value generation.