M&A is broken.
Traditional financial-centric M&A processes don’t work. On their own, they only provide analysis related to the financial viability of a deal, but financial analysis alone has lead many organizations to fail. More often than not, crucial risks and overwhelming challenges lay hidden behind the financial analysis and they can only be found by industry experts who know where to look. Companies that don’t incorporate independent industry experience early in the deal structure often find their deals to be lackluster transactions, never living up to their potential.
At Clarkston Consulting, our M&A advisory services incorporate our deep industry expertise into your pre-deal activities, like the target search, due diligence process, deal negotiation, and TSA . Clarkston’s solutions can help you make sure all critical markers of success and failure are included in your M&A process and ensure you have the highest chance of achieving a successful deal for your shareholders.
Industry experts can help your company find hidden gems with newer and innovative lenses that could bring breakthrough deals to the table by:
- Applying AI to deal search and targeting, and increase your organization’s spectrum of search
- Utilize different and innovative search filters to derive new potential targets and search uncommon platforms to uncover potential risks
Clarkston’s strategy consultants bolster your ability to spot risks and critical failure points. Having industry experts in your deal team allows for independent evaluations across functions, ensuring there is enough information on critical items to structure the deal the right way.
- Independent industry and sub-industry experts bring functional experience to complement financial analysis
- Create a realistic yet pragmatic Transitional Services Agreement (TSA)
- An industry focused analysis ensures you negotiate a fair deal price and avoid unnecessary costs and painful challenges downstream during the integration
Integration Management Office
The role of the Integration Management Office (IMO) is to be that bridge ensuring execution and full integration is reached while balancing trade-offs, yet still hitting the strategic pillars of the deal. This includes IT, supply chain, and quality and regulatory.
- The IMO ensures governance across functions and involved parties, manages risks and issues, and escalates them to corporate leadership while driving forward towards deal benefits realization
- The IMO uses the TSA as a guiding post for execution, and provides coordination and support across multiple workstreams
What Our Clients Say
Clarkston stays steps ahead. They help us anticipate, and be as proactive and strategic as possible.
M&A doesn’t have to be a risky endeavor for your organization. De-risk your deal making process by bringing a different set of players. Whether you are a serial acquirer or a sporadic deal maker, M&A is difficult, and traditional methods have proven to be ill-formed to derive success. Augment your capabilities, increase your likelihood of success and achieve synergies stated in the deal by including independent industry functional experts on your team that can provide real life advisory from the early stages of the deal all the way through due diligence, integration, and value generation and change your M&A game.