Clarkston Scholars Program
A Clarkston Scholar is a highly-driven student who excels in the classroom, has a focused interest and passion for the life sciences industry, and intends to enter the industry upon graduation.Apply Now
Each year, the Clarkston Scholars Program provides one sophomore attending a four-year college or university undergraduate program in Pennsylvania, majoring in a life sciences related field of study, a $10,000 scholarship award ($5,000 per year for junior and senior year). In addition, the Clarkston Scholar will receive exposure to the life sciences industry through mentoring with Clarkston Consulting and participation in Life Sciences Pennsylvania (LSPA) events over the course of the two-year scholarship award period.
Since the Clarkston Scholars Program began in 2011, seven students have been awarded the scholarship:
- Alexander Brown, Lehigh University, Bioengineering Program, class of 2014;
- Tess Michaels, University of Pennsylvania, Life Sciences & Management Dual Degree Program, class of 2015;
- Luke Chen, University of Pennsylvania, Chemistry Program, class of 2016;
- Edward Hilton, Duquesne University, Biochemistry Program, class of 2017;
- Daniel Lundgren, University of Pennsylvania, Life Sciences & Management Dual Degree Program, class of 2018;
- Eric McElhinny, University of Pittsburgh, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Dual Degree Program, class of 2019;
- Noah Lee, Carnegie Mellon University, Computational Biology Program, Class of 2020; and
- Hannah Johnson, Drexel University, Molecular Biology, Class of 2021.