Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Gilead Sciences has operations in more than 30 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
Having recognized the need to evolve their business to keep pace with rapid growth in recent years, Gilead launched an Integrated Supply Chain Program in 2015 in order to transform their supply chain operations. During the first phase of this initiative, Gilead partnered with Clarkston Consulting and Kinaxis to deploy RapidResponse for supply planning across their global network, with Clarkston also leading efforts around the business process development and implementation, master data readiness, program/ project management, and organizational change management.
- Replace existing manual systems and processes
- Enable the “top five” requirements in the system based on critical business rules and practices
- Establish a platform for future growth and enhancements
- Worked with Clarkston Consulting and Kinaxis to deploy RapidResponse for Supply Planning and Master Production Scheduling
- Developed PMO for the integrated supply chain program and delivered training and organizational change management to teams across multiple continents
- Redesigned global and site level supply planning processes and integrated with other business processes
- Assessed and improved underlying master and transactional data processes
- Eliminated paper processes
- Interfaced with Regulatory submission management system for compliance via Attribute Based Planning
- Integrated Supply and Demand Platforms to enable future Integrated Business Planning
- Enhanced collaborative forums and associated management review processes
- Established reliable & repeatable monthly planning cadence
- Improved enterprise visibility to plans and metrics