The 2023 CIO Survey Summary Report provides insight into the priorities, challenges, and opportunities facing IT leaders in the consumer products, retail, and life sciences industries this year. Download the entire report below.
Over the past year, we’ve seen businesses across every industry find new ways to adapt and respond to ongoing global challenges – supply chain disruptions, talent and labor shortages, rising inflation, geopolitical instability, and more. At the core of many of these strategic planning sessions and discussions is the role and relevance of their IT departments. After almost three years of disruption and uncertainty, how are companies prioritizing their IT operations?
In late 2022, Clarkston Consulting conducted its annual CIO Survey to better understand the current and future priorities and challenges of upper or C-Suite level IT professionals (CIO/CISO/CTO/VP) at large companies ($350M+ revenue) in the retail, consumer products, manufacturing, or life science industries.
CIO Survey Objectives
The five key objectives for the 2023 CIO Survey were to:
- Understand the overall relationship between IT and other departments within the company.
- Understand current IT budget distribution, technologies/platforms used, and sources for technology-specific learning and development.
- Identify attributes that are important in selecting outsourcing or managed services partners, a professional services provider, or a technology platform/vendor.
- Determine priorities for the coming year.
- Identify any changes in responses since the 2022 CIO Survey.
Market Study Results
Based on the responses gathered, Clarkston was able to gain valuable insight into the current status and perceptions of IT departments, including how they allocate budgets, where they’re investing resources for ERP systems, and what types of activities are outsourced. Further, the survey provided insight into how businesses have shifted their prioritizations over the past year, focusing more on IT operations and management and new technology implementations. And lastly, the survey provided perspective into what CIOs value in their selection criteria for outsourcing and managed service partners as well as what their areas of focus will be in the coming year. To learn about the detailed findings of the report, please read the 2023 Clarkston Consulting CIO Survey Summary Report below.
Explore the previous report here: 2022 CIO Survey.